A Little Black Dress is a must-have in every girls closet. Selecting the right one is not only necessary but challenging. Here are some tips in selecting the 'LBD' that's right for you.
1. If you have to decide if it's a dress or a shirt, walk away.
2. Find a dress that is comfortable, you'll be wearing it a lot
3. Keep it simple, so you can dress it up in different ways.
4. Be body conscious, what looks good on the mannequin may not look go on you.
5. Chose a timeless frame, you'll have this dress for a while.
6. Spend some money, but don't go into debt, you'll get tons of wear out it.
7. Don't settle, if you don't love it immediately, it's not for you
8. Find a dress that works for many occasions; wedding, work, dinner, cocktail party
9. Make sure the dress works for most seasons. Long sleeves won't fly in late Spring.
10. Get a friends opinion before buying it. Don't trust the sales people.
Below are some great and fashionable 'LBD' selections:
Topshop Egg Shift Dress
ACNE Whisper Asymmetric Dress
French Connection Sweet on You Dress
Derek Lam Silk Tulip Dress
Proenza Shouler Knitted Bandage Dress
dresses via shopstyle