Michelle Obama Graces Glamour


First lady Michelle Obama looks stunning on the cover of Glamour magazine as their selected Woman of the Year. Editor in Chief, Cindi Leive chose the First Lady for her work mentoring and empowering young women. Michelle is the first First Lady in Glamour history to grace the cover. Here are some highlights:


On the importance of mentoring: “I think that mentoring is such a critical part of the role I can play in this position. I see how little bits of exposure and big bits of exposure really change my girls significantly, and I want that for more girls around the country and the world.”

On how she keeps her sanity: “I have always tried to put my kids first, and then…put myself a really close second, as opposed to fifth or seventh. One thing that I’ve learned from male role models is that they don’t hesitate to invest in themselves.”

On her dating advice for women: “Cute’s good. But cute only lasts for so long, and then it’s, Who are you as a person? Don’t look at the bankbook or the title. Look at the heart. Look at the soul…. When you’re dating a man, you should always feel good…. You shouldn’t be in a relationship with somebody who doesn’t make you completely happy and make you feel whole."

On how she deals with public scrutiny of her appearance: “People are always going to have opinions, and people have a right to their opinions, particularly when you’re the First Lady; you’re representing the nation. So I can’t be surprised that people are interested. But I’ve tried to be at peace with the choices that I make first, and then be open to everyone else’s reflection.”




source: NYmag.com


No comments: